Thursday, November 12, 2015

Love and Loss Warm Up


1. What emotions did you feel as you worked your way through these images?

I felt extremely sad when looking through these photographs. Each shot seemed to capture a different part of their journey, specifically the wife battling breast cancer. The wife eventually dying filled me with sadness. A person viewing the photos can see time passing between each shot.

2. The photographer said this: "These photographs do not define us, but they are us." What do you think about this comment now that you have looked at the photos?
The photographer states that the photographs do not say or represent who they are, but rather they are the photographs. After seeing the photos, I must agree with this quote. The images tell stories and let a person viewing see a snapshot into their life. 


3. Do you think you could shoot photos like this if you were in this situation?
If I were in this situation, I think I could shoot photos that hold the same emotion. The photographer told a story with his pictures which I would hope I could do the same. That my photographs would do the situation justice.


4. If you could write Angelo a letter, what would you say to him?

I would write my condolences for his wife and say how stunning and heartbreaking his photographs are. I would ask questions about photography and how he managed to photograph the images. Also if photographing his wife's life with cancer was ever unbearably hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment