Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Car Raid

 On March 22, 2016 I interviewed my neighbor and friend Deanna Peters from the front seat of her black 2015 Honda accord car.  Deanna and I have been close friends ever since we found out we were neighbors, and I have been in her car on numerous late start days when we would go out to get breakfast tacos. From surveying the inside of her car for this assignment, I found a large duffle bag in the backseat which Deanna totes her volleyball clothes and shoes in. "This year, ever since I made the Bowie team, volleyball has been a big part of my life," says Peters. Also in the Honda I found two water bottles lodged in the cup holders and a few pages of homework strewn across the dashboard. Other than that, Deanna's car was mostly clean. The exterior was perfect, the car being recently washed and gleaming in the sunlight. "I love staying hydrated and am working on my final reviews," Peters says, commenting on the interior state of her car. Deanna is sixteen, a sophomore at Bowie High school, and was born in Austin, Texas. She is half Malaysian, and is planning to go to Malaysia this summer. Deanna aspires to be a pediatrician and enjoys the classes biology and nutrition. " I'm excited to take a bunch of new classes next year as a junior," she mentions. Deanna received the car not to long ago on her 16th birthday. She saved up money and payed for half the car, her family paying for the other half. With this information one can see Peters is a very hardworking and dedicated individual. "For me, having my own car is freedom. I am a very independent person and my parents saw that," she explains. Deanna finds the car a very necessary part in her everyday life. "While my parents are at work, I get into my car and drive to Panera Bread or Starbucks where I tutor kids in math. Also I sometimes drive myself to volleyball tornoments. I am very lucky to get to own a car at my age," Peters comments. Deanna Peter's remarkable accomplishments result from her drive and responsibility, and her car reflects this.

No comments:

Post a Comment