Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sensory Overload

"I believe that more and more, we are defining our environments not as the spaces themselves, in terms of the buildings or architecture, but rather by the objects and devices that we buy and surround ourselves with. ... I would like that message to carry through universally," Seymour said.

What do you think about this statement? I think this statement is true, because the objects create the environment. Do you agree or disagree?
As an aspiring photographer how does this make you feel about your photography?
These pictures made me feel a bit overwhelmed because of the crazy and colorful environment. My photographs seem bland in comparison to the ones I saw.
2. When you looked through the images, did you want to visit this place and take your camera?
I think personally, interesting subjects and places inspire me to take photographs. So I would definitely be willing to take a camera and visit the places shown in the photographs.
3. What do you think it would be like to be the child of someone who worked at this place?
I think as a child in the places, I would feel really overwhelmed and claustrophobic. Simplicity helps me think straight and I would feel lost without it. But the Crazy colors are cool and I would enjoy visiting.
4. Describe your favorite photo to me.


I agree.
My favorite photo from the series would have to be the one with the young girl surrounded by what I can't tell are fake or real flowers. I particularly liked this photo because of all the extreme colors and how the girl's desk was in the middle of it all. It made me think about my desk in comparison, and how someone could work in such a chaotic place.

No comments:

Post a Comment