Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Prompt Shoot




Happy
I think this photo shows simplicity because it is simply the subject with a brick wall as the background. Also the shadow in the image casts a line across the photo, making the picture have lines too. ( plus the walls pattern shows lines) The shadow in a way, also acts as a frame. Framing the subject in the shadow.

Metal
This photo shows examples of lines and rule of thirds. The lines featured are the bars and the shadows they cast across the subject. I can see many geometric shapes in this picture. For rule of thirds, my subject, Olivia's shoes are positioned in a corner of the thirds. 
Bowie
Looking back on this photo now, I realize that the car positioned in front of the corner of my subject  is a distracting merger in the photo. Also I could have found ways to photograph the truck with more elements of composition, and that my focus could improve. But I do think the open foreground and background offer a feeling of balance. 
Square
This image shows elements of balance, framing, and lines. I think this photo shows balance because of the geometric shapes and the subject has lots of foreground. The columns surrounding the kids eating lunch frame them and give a sense of dimension. For lines, the columns could double as lines as they end at a faraway point in the background in a dynamic way. My focus could definitely improve.
Merger
I chose this photo as a merger because when viewing the photo I wasn't sure what my subject was and there are distracting elements placed in the foreground. The photo does offer lines from the lighting casting some shadows and all the wires.


No comments:

Post a Comment